Auping Bed linen Gots

Sustainable bedding: GOTS & BCISleeping with a clean conscious

Sustainable dreams

At Auping, we dream of a well-rested world, one in which we sleep under bedding produced in an eco-friendly way and under good working conditions. This is why our fitted sheets and basic collection duvet covers carry the internationally recognized GOTS label. This is the strictest international standard for organic textiles and not only guarantees excellent quality, but that the entire chain meets the most stringent requirements. The duvet covers in our seasonal collection carry the BCI label, which guarantees socially responsible production of bed linen. 


GOTS stands for Global Organic Textile Standard. Textile that is GOTS-certified is guaranteed to be of the very highest quality and meets the most stringent social and environmental requirements throughout the entire chain – from cotton farming to harvesting and processing, and from product development to product packaging.

A GOTS-certified product (like Auping fitted sheets) must be made of 95% certified organic fibres. The other 5%, such as buttons and zippers, must be made of other sustainably produced or recycled materials. In addition, textiles that carry the GOTS label must be free of hazardous chemicals. The chemicals used (such as additives used during dyeing) may not be toxic or harmful to the environment.

The GOTS label not only considers the environment, but also guarantees good and safe working conditions, such as a minimum wage, a ban on child labour and a safe and hygienic working environment.


The Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) is a cooperative programme between development organisations, environmental organisations, and the business community. The aim is to improve cotton cultivation worldwide and make it more sustainable. This initiative is the world’s largest cotton sustainability programme, with more than 1,600 member organisations and cotton farmers.

Well packed 

The packaging of our bed linen is made from recycled plastic and recycled cardboard. This means that our packaging not only meets strict environmental requirements, it also ensures that your fitted sheet or duvet cover is well protected during the journey to your bedroom.